Open Democracy is a non-partisan grassroots organization working to increase civic engagement and ensure accountable governance in New Hampshire. Inspired by legendary reformer Doris “Granny D” Haddock, our NH Rebellion campaign is Walking the Talk to #FightBigMoney and make campaign finance reform a leading issue in the 2016 election. We are seeking passionate and experienced Field Organizers and Field Associates to join our team immediately. See descriptions below:
Title: Community Organizer
Status: Part time (20 hours per week)
Location: Concord, NH
Reports to: Executive Director
The Community Organizer will support and grow Open Democracy and Open Democracy Actions ability to engage young adults, people of color, build regional bi-partisan teams to engage in community outreach and advocacy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize public events, panel discussions, community forums and related events around the state— with a focus on College and University campuses—to promote the Open Democracy public policy goals and mobilize supports and the broader public about specific advocacy priorities;
- Build relationships with key partners and
- Conduct and coordinate outreach to ensure strong turn-out at events.
- Conduct and facilitate follow-up with attendees to assist and encourage them to take action;
- Help build and participate in broad-based coalitions by fostering, strengthening and nurturing alliances with allied organizations and targeted community groups;
- Work with and coordinate volunteers and interns as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two year of experience as part of a community-based organization or initiative
- Experience building community relationships, networks and coalitions
- Ability to remain organized while managing multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Working Phone and Working Laptop
- Ideal candidates will have knowledge of campaign technology including Nationbuilder
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
Compensation: $15/hour or commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample (e.g. article/blog) Olivia Zink firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2018
Open Democracy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.