If you missed the Sunday, Oct.18 training, there is a link below for you to watch it.
Here are contact numbers for Open Democracy, coordinating the Protect the Vote / Election Protection Task Force in New Hampshire. .
Sign Up & Training
Check out the observer role descriptions here:
You'll be asked what roles in which you'd be interested in doing.
Then sign up for roles, days and towns here:
If you have any trouble signing up, send an email to Doreen and she'll be glad to help.
If you haven't taken the main Oct. 18 training yet, go here
https://zoom.us/rec/share/fHyMRhpFXVJcZVGrQuKv4b4T-pANdzSGJmUg-tPXnB9IwK7n1ol0cAu9gHXRA3-U.X4s32F3WVoP6Zr77 Access Passcode: *m5=RmtS
Access Passcode: Tx8zNhL.
Other important tools and links
- The presentation slides are here, which includes the embedded links we talked about.
- Secretary of State's page for Election Workers, where you'll be able to learn more about the election regulations. Please go one-by-one through the documents.
- The NH Attorney General Polling Place Checklist to know what rules and actions you should be observing, and what voter intimidation and suppression to look for.
- We've made up a Nonpartisan Observer badge for you to fit in a standard event/ trade show badge holder. We also have a small Poll Observer Resources document to print out, fold, and keep in your pocket. It has your key phone numbers on it, which I would also suggest putting in your phone contacts.
- If you're interested in helping with our OD/Common Cause social media monitoring, go to our page for this https://www.opendemocracynh.org/rdt_common_cause and there's a training link that Common Cause did for us in the first paragraph. We also did a practice with our Monadnock team which might be helpful:
https://zoom.us/rec/share/RUDs3EaZAPbgd0Re3Tjf3MQxlsrTcmZrR0YT0aP3oOFt-_NwBbGYs0vrDAtnKf40.PEil1BRaZG69W0Jz Access Passcode: MY+wb5%i
- Here's a really informative document from the Brennan Center on voter intimidation. We're not likely to see it, but because of all of the rhetoric coming from President Trump about the military, federal agents and law enforcement coming to the polls, this is a great document on where the lines are on this issue. https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/voters-should-not-be-intimidated
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter