High School Voter Registration Coordinator
Open Democracy is seeking to hire a full-time, on-the-ground Coordinator to work with us to catalyze high school voter registration through the 2024 election. This is a one year grant funded job.
The goal of our Coordinator will be to activate, train, and support young people and educators to run student-led, adult-supported voter registration drives. To do this, they will:
- Fall 2023: Collaborate with local partner organizations and student leaders to plan, organize, and recruit students and educators to a kick off convening.
- Winter 2023/2024: Co-host a convening to activate young people and educators to run voter registration drives and participate in a region wide high school voter registration drive competition.
- Spring 2024: Work with local partner organizations to provide ongoing support and resources to support high school voter registration drives, and manage the reporting and data to inform a healthy, region-wide high school voter registration competition.
- Summer/Fall 2024: Gear up and support additional events to support high school voter registration and Get Out The Vote efforts.
Is this you? The Organizer will:
- Contact, build relationships, and work alongside local partner organizations and students.
- Recruit students and educators to attend by presenting in classrooms and extra-curricular clubs throughout the identified region.
- Provide ongoing support, coaching, and follow up to student drive organizers to ensure successful execution and post-drive reporting.
- Maintain reporting on voter registration drives.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Live in NH.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including great interpersonal skills and ability to gain the trust of and to inspire others.
- Organization and attention to detail, creativity, and judgment.
- Experience working with high school aged students.
- Ability to work in or to quickly learn Google Suite, NationBuilder, and a variety of other software applications pertinent to fulfilling the requirements of the position.
- Experience in organizing, outreach, advocacy and/or government affairs experience, a plus.
- Experience in event planning is a plus.
- The HS Voter Registration Coordinator will report to the Executive Director.
- Must be willing to attend meetings during the school day as well as in the late afternoons and occasional events on evenings and weekends.
- Must have clearances required to enter schools and work with students.
- Must have transportation and be able to travel to NH high schools.
Hours and Compensation:
- This position is slated for December 2023 to December 2024 with the potential for an extension if funding is available.
- Full time.
- $22 to 25 an hour.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “HS Voter Reg Coordinator Application - in the subject line.
Open Democracy is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, a 501(c)(3) organization.
The Coalition for Open Democracy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, promoting and administering any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination.