Position Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Olivia Zink, Executive Director
Location: Concord, NH (or remotely)
This position will require community organizing and policy work (redistricting, public funding of elections and other campaign finance reform). As Program Coordinator you will support and grow Open Democracy and Open Democracy Action’s ability to fulfill goals.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Organize, recruit members, forge alliances, and educate the public and elected officials
- Campaign skills including strategy, tactics, and outreach tools. Developing measurable goals for campaigns, and reporting results on a timely basis;
- Advance grassroots organizing activities to support persuasion of legislators of both major parties and build effective grassroots networks at the local level;
- Recruiting and organizing volunteers ready to take action, including public-visibility events, meetings with elected officials and others, and coalition building;
- Responsible for ensuring diversity of outreach and participation such as with people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBT individuals and organizations;
- Development, maintenance and usage of contemporary communication and organizing tools in order to coordinate teams, systematically communicate message, actions, events, website, Facebook and other social media tools to communicate both planning and issue information and dissemination;
- Remaining current on matters related to the legislative cycle involving redistricting, as well the longer-term priorities of Open Democracy and Open Democracy Action;
- Assist with fundraising efforts including planning of fundraisers, scheduling call time with the Executive Director, and donor relations
Education and Experience:
- Work experience in related field(s)
- Experience building community relationships, networks and coalitions
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible schedule
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Working phone
- Ideal candidates will have knowledge of campaign technology including NationBuilder
Certification, Licensing and Skills:
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing is required. Must be able to work independently and have good judgment and tact. Successful candidate must be able to work well with diverse people/groups. Some NH travel is required.
Salary: Depending on the experience and skills a candidate brings to the position $41,600 to $45,500. Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical and paid time off.
This is an immediate opening with a start date as soon as a successful candidate is identified. Please apply by sending resume, one-page cover letter, plus three professional references to [email protected]
The Coalition for Open Democracy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, promoting and administering any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination.