When SB 136 came to New Hampshire House for a vote last Thursday, we made history thanks to you! For all of 20 minutes, NH became the first state under Republican control to call for a constitutional amendment overturning Citizens United. Then, House leadership bent the rules and took our win away.
Check out what the statewide media had to say and read the article below to get the full scoop:
- "Defeat snatched [from] the jaws of victory and Open Democracy wants answers" Nashua Telegraph and NH1
- "First, the Republican-controlled House narrowly passed [SB 136]. Then representatives reversed course and killed the bill." – Concord Monitor
- "Victory snatched away after key House technology failed… Strong-arming by leadership [killed] the bill." – Union Leader
- "NH House votes to pass, then kill, bipartisan bill to fight big money in politics." – NHLN
- "Lawmakers, stop embarrassing New Hampshire." – Concord Monitor
If there's one thing the Republican leadership cannot take away, it is our strength and our resolve to #FightBigMoney to the end. Help us continue that fight by calling out House leadership in a letter to the editor of your local paper, and tell Speaker Jasper how frustrated you are at (603) 271-3661.
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter